version Française

Deutsche Version
   
       
   
The history
 
   

 

SAI - Sali Alimentari e Industriali srl has its seat in Margherita di Savoia (Foggia), where one of the biggest salt-works in Europe is situated and known since the III century B.C.

Under the Roman Empire the city, whose name at that time was Salinis, had a port and the salt was exported to the whole Mediterranean Basin and the East.

In 1879 the Queen of Italy visited the city that took in her honour its actual denomination: Margherita di Savoia.

An important contribution to the hydraulic layout of the salt-works was given in 1754 by the great architect, engineer, and painter Luigi Vanvitelli and, two centuries later in 1930, by another famous architect Pier Luigi Nervi.

 
The products
 
Zona Torretta - 71044 Margherita di Savoia (Fg) - Italy - C.P. 93
Tel. +39 0883 654677 (4 Linee PBX) - Fax +39 0883 657291
E-mail:saisali@saisali.it - http://www.saisali.it
© Copyright, SAI Sali s.r.l., 2005